Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Contoh Soal: Fill in the blank (2)

Please help me! I have trouble solving these questions


1. “Do you really want to buy this old crumbling house?”


”Yes, we know the house needs _____, but we love the surroundings.”


(A) to repair
(B) to be repairing
(C) repairing
(D) repaired
(E) be repaired


2. “When I arrived at his office at 3.00, Indra was not there.”
“Well, he _____early.”


(A) should go home
(B) must have gone home
(C) might go home
(D) would have gone home
(E) had better go home


3. The news on the local radio stations as well as in the newspapers _____ that the riots have spread to other places in the city.


(A) to be confirmed
(B) is confirmed
(C) confirmed
(D) are confirmed
(E) confirms


4. “While living in Bogor, we always went to school on foot.”
This means that we _____ on foot while we were living in Bogor.


(A) go to school
(B) are going to school
(C) used to go to school
(D) are used to going to school
(E) liked going to school


5. I _____ all over the place for my dictionary when I suddenly remembered that my sister had borrowed it.


(A) have looked
(B) was looking
(C) looked
(D) am looking
(E) have been looking


6. This is the latest news about the kidnapping of the richest businessman in town _____ we received a few minutes ago.


(A) whom
(B) of which
(C) where
(D) whose
(E) which


7. “I don’t think you can translate the whole book by yourself.”
“You’re right. I’d like to _____ a part of it for me.”


(A) have you translate
(B) you have translated
(C) have translated for you
(D) you have to translate
(E) have been translating


8. Smoking can be the cause of many illnesses and respiratory disorders : _____, it may harm non smokers.


(A) consequently
(B) however
(C) in addition
(D) nevertheless
(E) otherwise


9. “If I hadn’t booked in advance, I would have had difficulties in getting good accommodation at a reasonable price.” This sentence means : _____.


(A) It was difficult to get a room although I had a reservation
(B) I found a room in advance but it wasn’t comfortable
(C) The room I got was good but rather expensive
(D) I was lucky to get a good room without reservation
(E) I got a good room and I didn’t have to pay much.


10. “What do you think about the location of our new restaurant ?”
“Excellent, _____ in the center of the town.”


(A) which location is strategical
(B) locating it strategically
(C) it is strategically located
(D) that is a strategical location
(E) the strategical location


original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment